WHAT WE DO
We offer the following Professional Medical services as the oldest health facility in Ngora District.
GENERAL MEDICAL SERVICES:
- 24hrs Out Patient Services which include also handling Emergencies and follow up visits of previously hospitalized patients..
- Pediatrics and Child Health services. (Pediatric consultations and monitoring of Child growth)
- Laboratory Services (Hematology, Blood transfusion, Biochemistry and basic bacteriology).
- Imaging Services (X-Ray & Ultra sound scan).
- Gynecological services once weekly.
- Pharmacy. (General and Private).
- ART Services. (Voluntary HIV Testing, counseling, Infection control, ART therapy and Treatment including PEP).
- Counselling Services for different disease conditions and spiritual guidance.
- Facility based immunization on Out patient basis; all childhood vaccine, tetanus Toxoid and HPV vaccine.
- Inpatient admissions for management of both acute and chronic illnesses.
- General surgeries; both emergencies and planned surgeries. The hospital also offers free Safe Medical Male Circumcision – SMMC.
- Dental Services.
- Medical records and other health related documentation. (Out patient records, inpatient files, NIRA death and birth registration).
REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES:
- Natal, (Normal and assisted labour), and
- Postnatal services
- Family planning and Immunization services.
- Cervical cancer screening.
- Weekly community outreaches for community based immunization and family planning services.
- 24hrs standby Ambulance for picking pregnant mothers and children <5 referred from lower facilities for hospital management.
- Follow up for HIV patients at the community level to ensure adherence to medication, T.B contact tracing and distributing condoms.
NB: Not only does our Mortuary serve the hospital purpose, it also serves the entire district through Medico-legal police requests.
If there is need to ascertain the cause of death to any victim, we provide space and human recourse for postmortem.
HOSPITAL NURSES’ TRAINING SCHOOL:
We Train both Enrolled and Comprehensive Nurses and Midwives in Certificate and Diploma levels.